Makeway Ltd. operates in conjunction with Schauer in the installation of Liquid Feeding systems. Schauer have over 30 years experience in the field of liquid feeding. Quality, reliability and low maintenance are the key reasons for their success. All Schauer feeding systems have feed quality and hygiene at the heart of their process design.
The Feeding Range
A full range of ad-lib and restricted feeding options are available which can be tailored to the needs of the farm or the animals being fed.
Liquid Feeding for Farrowing Sows
Accuracy of feed delivery is of paramount importance for sows on the lead-up to farrowing and in the immediate period after farrowing, where over- or under-feeding is undesirable and can have negative implications on productivity. Feed accuracy is achieved in a number of ways:•Frequency control of the pump to slow down the pump during feeding.
• Using a special valve with a smaller “valve body”
• Using a special “restricter” inside the valve to further regulate the flow.
Liquid Feeding for Finishers
Traditionally, large feed tanks would be used for feeding finishers on big units. While this is possible Schauer prefer a system called Synchro, where 2 smaller tanks work in tandem with one mixing while the other feeds, and vice versa. The advantages are:•The process is faster, as no time is lost preparing feed.
• The smaller tanks allow better cleaning and mixing.
• More applicable where a number of diets are being phased throughout the finishing period.
• Both curve and ad-lib feeding is possible for finishers.
Hygiene is one of the most important factors in the Schauer liquid feeding range. High standards of hygiene ensure maximum liveweight gain and animal health. No part of the feeding system is forgotten, from the mix tank to every single trough.
At the end of the feeding process, the contents of the feed circuit are blown back to the tank by Turboclean and the lines cleaned with water and air. Feed valves and feed outlets can also be washed as part of this process. This means that feed lines are empty and clean between feedings so fermentation and feed spoilage don’t occur. This has very positive effects on the appetite of the animal.
Tank hygiene and cleaning is achieved through a number of processes, namely:•Rotating nozzles in the tank clean the inside of the tank under high pressure from the feed pump.
• Fresh water from a sprinkler on the agitator rinses the surfaces of the tank.
• An optional acid-fogger can be used to prevent bio-films, fat deposits and bacterial multiplication.
• An optional Ozone generator (Easy Ozone) can be used to sterilise the tank and prevent bacterial growth between feedings.
Schauer – Innovative Ideas Which Keep On Flowing