- A complementary milk that provides protein and energy to the piglet
- Higher dry matter intake from day 1
- More weaned piglets per litter
- Increased weaning weight
- Smoother transition to solid feed
- Small effort – Big effect
Download the Milkiwean yoghurt leaflet
The solution for partial weaning! A specialised adapted feeding system that offers you the solution to wean young piglets if necessary.
Advantages of the Milkiwean Feeder:
- Always fresh feed produced
- Less feed wastage
- Warm feed
- Regular feed intake for piglets
- Feeds 25 – 30 piglets at once
- By adjusting water supply, you can alter the texture of feed
- An effective hygienic powder for all livestock environments
- Dry Disinfectant pH-neutral
- Non Toxic Skin friendly
- Environmentally Safe Binds ammonia
- Reduces humidity Effective against bacteria
- Effective against fungi
Selko – BE+
How to check on yeast development
- Store a sample of your wet feed in a closed plastice bottle @ room temperature.
- If yeasts are present gas production can be seen within 4 hours – See picture.
Importance of Good Feed Hygiene
When feed hygiene is not under control problems are caused by large amounts of yeast in by-products and liquid feeding. Yeast consumes the sugars and starch in the liquid feed and produces carbon dioxide and water. This results in the following:
- Nutritional value of the feed decreases
- Feed intake can decrease by 10-20%
- Causes upset stomachs and disease
- Lower growth rate.
Selko – BE+ achieving Good Feed Hygiene
- Works selectively against yeasts and gram negative bacteria
- Growth of the useful lactic acid bacteria is not affected.
- Reduces pH-value of the by-product & gives no deviations in taste and smell
- Is a liquid product which can easily be dosed automatically
For results see table below
|Before Treatment||After Treatment||Difference in %|
|Feed intake (kg/day) 88%DM||1,81||1,89||+4,5%|
|Growth per day (gram)||713||763||+7%|
The acid concept as drinking water additive against bacteria, yeast and moulds.
Moulds, yeasts and bacteria, like E – Coli, Salmonella and Campylobacter, can develop very quickly in the water. Polluted drinking water is not only consumed reluctantly but it is also a continual contamination source and can cause diseases and decrease performance of the animals.
Selko -pH: What it can do for you?
- Selective direct and indirect effect against E.Coli, Salmonella, yeasts and moulds
- Stabilizes water quality
- Increases the performance of the animals (daily gain, feed utilization)
- Diminishes the risk of blocked drinking nipples
- Leads to more healthy animals (e.g. improved skin colour).
- Improves Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR)
- Less dependency on antibiotics
- Recommended for feed to reduce diarrhoea and stress during moving.
For more information, speak to our Pig Feed and Nutritional expert:
Mobile: +353 87 2250642